Thursday, August 24, 2006

la petite roche

I recently had the pleasure of going to Little Rock, AR. I didn't know what to expect, but now believe its grass is greener than where I live.

Among other things, Little Rock is the home of the world's most stuck-up (not stuck) pig.


We also visited the Clinton Library, which the locals evidently call the trailer in the sky.



The Oval Office is an exact replica of the one used on the West Wing.




When I got home I discovered that Pluto is no longer a planet. Bummer. Still, while a part of me is nostalgic, I also look at it as living etymology: have we ever, over the millennia, really had a definition of "planet?" And, nothing connects us to our most ancient ancestors as much as contemplating heavenly bodies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Photos!
You've really captured the Big Pig-ture!

Phil Poulter said...

Thanks - there's more where these came from.