Sunday, August 31, 2008

unspectacular quirks

Here is a response to a tag asking for six unspectacular quirks. So,

1. When I hear things like "unspectacular quirks" I wonder what a spectacular quirk would be. Walking into a crowded post office with a semi-automatic weapon?


2. The idea of living somewhere with a busy town square where people stroll in the evenings and catch up with acquaintances always seems appealing to me, until I remember that most of the times I see acquaintances in public places I run and hide.


3. I grew up in a household with the quirk of setting up the coffee pot so that in the morning you just have to turn it on. I've inherited that.


4. For a while I developed a habit where, while driving, I would wonder what kind of jokes Jesus would tell if he were a Borscht Belt comedian: "I spent a week in Galilee the other night. Sure, you can walk on the water; just don't drink it! Am I right people?" (Yes, that's the best I've come up with.)


5. Here's another one that's only partly my quirk. My dogs like to come with me to check the mail. Now, to keep them happy, I have to pretend to check the mail on days when it doesn't come.


6. I could make a list of lazy quirks, but here is one. Some mornings, if I've been lounging around but decide it's time to wash and begin the day, taking a shower seems like too much trouble, so I end up in the hot tub instead.



Here's a picture unrelated to anything.



No comments: